Download the attached Word document for a printable checklist version.
For-Profit Client Review Questions
- Do you currently have the resources to grow your business without experiencing cash shortages?
- Do you annually budget for your expected cash requirements?
- Do you have a formalized process for new customer credit approval?
- Do you manage your accounts payable disbursement practices to maintain good vendor relationships, vendor pricing, and your credit rating, while still delaying cash outlays as long as possible?
Profits & Profit Margin
- Do you know your Gross Margin and is it comparable to your industry peers?
- What are your fixed costs per month, do you need to add additional fixed costs to operate more effectively?
- Do you have a comprehensively designed marketing plan and has it increased the effectiveness of your overall marketing efforts?
- Does your compensation system effectively encourage increased productivity revenues and gross profit?
- Have you established sales goals for next year?
- Can you describe your ideal customer?
- Do you formally track customer satisfaction to determine if you meet or exceed your customer’s expectations?
- Does your sales person compensation system effectively encourage increased revenues and profits
- In regards to your relationship with your bank, are there any debt covenants or or other issues that you have a hard time fulfilling?
- Are you able to obtain reasonable terms from suppliers?
- Do you currently utilize over 80% of your company's operating capacity during peak times?
- Do you currently estimate the return on investment and set targets before purchasing new equipment, hiring new employees, or adding new business lines?
- Do you have a profile for an ideal candidate for each job in your company?
- Do you currently have job descriptions and policies and procedures in place for each position that adequately explain "How we do it here"?
- Could you increase production without dramatically altering your workforce?
- Do you actively solicit ideas and suggestions from your employees in an attempt to improve productivity?