Detailed and high level comparisons can be seen for the “Actual” period and the corresponding “Budgeted” period.
1. Each time, open the Excel Add-in Installer File.
Note: This will add a temporary PROFITCENTS tab in your excel program
If Excel file is opened and the installation is successful, ProfitCents should show up as a ribbon in your Excel program.
2. Run a single period Projection report with your client's ACTUAL numbers
Open a generated Projection Report with a single period Actual 12/31/2015 values
3. On your computer, open your saved BUDGET projection report with the client's projected BUDGET numbers.
Open a saved Projection Report with Projected 12/31/2015 values that you saved locally on your computer.
4. Click Build it
4. Select the Actual (single period Projection report) and Budget (previously saved projection report) files
5. Report is generated on a new sheet called "Comparison"
- Current Actual period is auto selected based on file deemed Actual.
- Budget period is auto selected based on Actual file current period.
- Any Accounts not in Budget file will be indicated in report
- Both “Actual” and “Budget” files must be open when generating.