To start, please open the QuickBooks company in your Quickbooks Desktop program.
1) Click Reports>Company & Financial>Profit & Loss Standard:
2) Click on Customize Report and change the date range. If we wanted to pull 3 periods of annual financials, we would select 1/1/2014~12/31/2016, which will pull 3 periods of year end financials for 2014, 2015, and 2016.
3) Change Display column by from Total only to Year & click on okay
4) After click on okay, you should be able to see multiple periods of financials
5) To export to Excel, click on Excel>Create New Worksheet>Export
6) An Excel sheet should be generated. Make sure to rename and save this Excel sheet.
7) To export the balance sheet financials, click Reports>Company & Financial>Balance Sheet Standard and repeat all of the steps above.
8) With the income statement and balance sheet on separate sheets within the same Excel file, please have the income statement sheet as the 1st sheet & name the sheet with income statement "income statement" and the sheet with balance sheet "balance sheet"
9) Make sure the header of the date columns for individual periods are the same for the income statement and it's respective balance sheet.
For example, if the date is Dec 1 - 15, 18 on the income statement, then it would need to be Dec 1 - 15, 18 on the balance sheet.